The Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development have announced the commencement of enrolment for a new batch of N-Power beneficiaries effective June 26, 2020.
The N-Power Programme was inaugurated by President Muhammadu Buhari in 2016 under the National Social Investment Programme (NSIP) with the mandate of lifting citizens out of poverty through capacity building, investment, and direct support. In his Democracy Day broadcast on June 12, 2020, the President commended the programme, noting that “our Social Investment Programme has continued to be a model to other nations.”
The commencement of the Batch C enrolment is sequel to far-reaching consultations and a review of the submissions on the reform and realignment of the programme for greater efficiency.
Batch C is also being enrolled to provide opportunities for more Nigerian youths to access the programme, in furtherance of the President’s vision of lifting 100 million Nigerians out of poverty by creating opportunities that will enhance the productivity of the Nigerian youths for entrepreneurship.
Application opening date: 26th June 2020
How to apply:
Interested and qualified Nigerian youth should visit http://npower.gov.ng on the 26th of June to apply.
Applications will be conducted using a hybrid system of enrolment to ensure that all Nigerians are given an opportunity to participate.
- As a Ministry that caters for the vulnerable, we will also make special considerations for Persons living with disabilities.
- The online portal would be open to receive applications from noon on June 26, 2020, and will provide a level playing field for all applicants.
- As part of the Ministry’s reforms to make the programme more efficient, all applicants must supply their Bank Verification Number (BVN) in their application. This is to ensure a streamlined and transparent selection process.
- Once applications are submitted, the Ministry will review submissions and publish a list of successful applicants.
- Past beneficiaries are not eligible to participate in the application process.
Comprehensive details for the new batch will be announced in the coming weeks.
The Ministry has announced that Batch A will exit June 30, 2020, and Batch B will exit the programme on July 31, 2020.