In line with the Kaduna State Government’s reforms in Basic Education, the Kaduna State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) wishes to invite applications from suitable and qualified candidates for the vacant positions of:
Title: Education Secretaries
Location: Kudan and Makarfi Local Government Education Authorities (LGEAs) in the State.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE: –
Candidates shall be serving officers of GL.14 and above and must possess the following:
- A degree in Education from an accredited, reputable Institution
- At least ten (10) years teaching experience
- Proven ability in Sector Planning, Human Resource Management and Organizational Development
- ICT compliance
- Registration with the Teachers’ Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN)
The Education Secretary shall be responsible for the day–to–day administration of the affairs of the Local Government Education Authority (LGEA). In this role, the Education Secretary shall:
- Ensure proper implementation of Education programmes and other Government policies.
- Ensure effective communication of Basic Education sector programme.
- Coordinate, initiate and collaborate with all stakeholders on education matters.
- Participate regularly at meetings with SUBEB.
- Ensure qualitative delivery of Basic Education programmes and policies.
- Give quarterly reports to the Local Government Council Chairman and State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) on planned activities and administrative challenges related to Basic Education delivery.
C. CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
As obtainable in the Kaduna State Public Service, the appointment is for a period of five (5) years and shall be eligible for reappointment for another period of five years, based on satisfactory performance.
- D. METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Applicants should send ten (10) copies of typewritten applications and Curriculum Vitae to the office of the Chairmen of Kudan and Makarfi Local Government Council as the case may be and also forward three copies to the office of the Executive Chairman, Kaduna SUBEB.
- Applications should be submitted not later than Friday, 31 August 2020.
- Applicants are to provide in their CV, names of three (3) referees, at least two of whom should attest to the applicant’s professional/ academic standing and character.
- The referees will be requested to send their confidential reports to the Local Government Council Chairmen and copy the same to the Executive Chairman of SUBEB.
Tijjani Mohammed Abdullahi
Executive Chairman, SUBEB